Friday, June 5, 2009

WI results and a sort of NSV.

This week at WI I was down 1.2 lbs. Total loss so far, 42.8 lbs. Not too shabby. I was secretly hoping to be under 210 by the time we left for Vegas, but with only one WI left, that’s not looking likely. Oh well – I’m happy with where I am now. And you know what? I was thinking about Vegas, and how much walking we’re going to be doing while we’re there, and I realized: I probably couldn’t have gone on this vacation 8 months ago. I couldn’t have done that much walking.

Eight months ago, I was having to take prescription pain-killers / muscle-relaxants for my back (not every day but very frequently), and there were days I LITERALLY could not get out of bed. There’s no way I could have taken a vacation that required that much walking. The good news is, my back hasn’t bothered me once since I started losing weight, and I haven’t had to take a single pill. (I always knock on wood when I say that though – although the weight thing has helped alleviate the pressure, I don’t think the alignment issues have gone away. No idea what to do about that though … chiropractor? PT? Massage?)

Anyway. I feel great about that. I’m excited that I’m going to be able to trek around Vegas with my sweetie, and only be a normal amount of tired at the end of the day. That’s something pretty special.