Tuesday, February 9, 2010

a quick one.

No real food blogging today (still haven’t made a concrete decision yet, though I thank you all for your comments so far on my last post!)

I do want to say something quickly. I hate foods like this!!!!

feb910-1-2

Snacky munchy party foods! AHHHHHHH.

So after work, three of us went over to a coworker’s place to see his brand new (and GORGEOUS) condo. We had a couple bottles of wine and some snacks. The hilarious thing is, I was the one in charge of the snacks. So they weren’t even as bad as they could have been. We had hummus and whole wheat pita, baked corn chips and salsa, grape tomatoes, olives, and a small thing of chocolate chip cookies. Not too bad.

Yet somehow I used up 22 points this evening! That does include 2 glasses of wine, BUT STILL. It is seriously unfair how quickly your points can add up. I would have been better off eating a whole dinner! Oy!

Do you guys have any good strategies for these events? The only thing that seems to work for me is not eating anything, and let’s be honest, that’s rarely realistic.

Still, good times were had by all. And I think I looked pretty cute.

feb910-2

(Wearing a ‘new’ sweater from the clothing swap, which I got a bazillion compliments on today! SCORE!)

Anyway, that’s it for now! If you missed it, you can check out my last post for an update on how my week of ‘getting back to basics’ went, and weigh in on food blogging. Do it!