Tuesday, December 16, 2008

forgive us our trespasses. or should I say, our cookies.

I am happily 100% back on track today. I did do my hour-long walk yesterday (well, it was actually closer to 2 hours, but it was intersperced with a bit of Christmas and grocery shopping.) I had a nice dinner of sauteed mushrooms and onions with a chicken burger (the unbreaded kind), on a Weight Watcher's roll, with roasted red pepper and goat cheese. YUM. I also stocked up on a few more work snacks like almonds, bananas, and yogurt. Tonight I plan to make a spinach salad with chicken, mushrooms, raspberries, goat cheese, and a pear vinegraitte. And maybe a bit of brown rice, depending on how hungry I am. Don't be too jealous now, everyone!

I've decided not beat myself up too much about the slip-ups this weekend. If I'm going to do this program for the rest of my life, I need to acknowledge that there are going to days here and there where I don't eat as well. The holidays are probably the hardest time to eat healthily anyway, AND it's not like I went totally off the rails. I didn't eat until I was exploding, I didn't sneak food when no one was looking, I didn't stop at the grocery store on the way home (like I wanted to) so I could have a full-on binge. I ate basically normally, just with a few wrong choices. To be honest, if I could do it again, the only things I'd do differently are:

Friday: don't eat the samosa, and have a bigger glass of water with dinner. (I did have water, but only a small glass.)
Sunday: eat beforehand, and only have one cookie. Maybe skip that last glass of wine.

So in retrospect those are not really such huge transgressions. I'll be okay. :)