Friday, December 19, 2008

my first gain :(

I was debating not posting this, because it's kind of depressing, but I had a pretty big gain last night at my weigh-in: 2.6lbs, exactly what I lost last week.

The thing is, I think it's mostly attributable to the buffet earlier that day -- I stayed within my points for the day (didn't even use any flex points), but I ate all those points just a couple hours before stepping on the scale. I've also eaten soya sauce for lunch three days in a row now, and I could actually feel how much water I was retaining -- my hands felt all puffy, and I usually don't notice those kinds of things, so it had to be pretty significant for me to be able to tell. I feel like I'm making excuses, but I do believe that my next weigh-in will have me back down to where I was, and maybe a little extra.

My next two meetings are actually cancelled, since they fall on Christmas/New Year's day, so I found a Tuesday lunch-time meeting near my office where I can go to weigh-in. I'm vowing now to be perfectly on plan for the next five days, and be rid of this 2.6 by then. You heard it here first!