Thursday, December 11, 2008

pre-weigh-in jitters.

Weigh-in tonight! I'm excited, though a bit nervous. I don't have a scale at home so every week I go into my meeting with no idea what the scale will report. I kind of like that though ... it keeps me on track for the week. Fear is a great motivator. :) I do believe that I'm noticing a difference in how my pants are fitting this week though, so that's a good sign.

I should also be hearing about the new plan tonight at my meeting! I've already read about most of it online, but I'm excited to get my new booklet, and see how they've set everything up. I think I do so-so on the whole 'filling foods' thing already, but I'm curious to track it in their new more 'official' way.

I had a unit lunch today, at a pasta/pizza place. I ended up getting a smoked salmon salad -- which was literally just smoked salmon, mixed greens, and balsamic vinegar. It was actually good, and I was so impressed with myself for ordering it. I figured the salmon to be about 5pts, and that was it. I admit it was hard, though, watching my coworkers eat their ooey gooey cheesey Italian food. My boss was sitting across from me and she had a huge breaded chicken sandwich with tomato sauce and mozzarella, and a giant ceasar salad. Damn it looked good, but I just knew the points would be off the charts -- not to mention I didn't want to eat that much food just before my weigh-in.

Now I have a lot of poins left for the rest of the day, too, which means I can indulge in a bit of chocolate after my meeting. I have a new secret love of the Ritter Sport bar with yogurt in it. YUM.