Friday, December 12, 2008

tgif, man, tgif.

Alright, first up: the weigh-in. I lost another 2.6 lbs! That's 9.2 in total, and I got down into a new weight 'decade' -- the 240s! Which means my daily points target went down by one as well.

It's funny, I was feeling really excited about my progress so far, but then I started chastizing myself because 'it's only the first month and OF COURSE I'd be doing well in the first month, the real challenge hasn't started yet blah blah blah'. But then there's this girl at my meetings who started when I did, and she's had two bad weeks in a row now and is pretty vocal about it in the meetings, and I realized: duh. It can be just as hard in the beginning as it is in later days. I shouldn't write off my successes so far just because it's 'still early'.

I forgot to pick up yogurt last night after my meeting, so I had to grab a little cup in the cafeteria this morning. By mistake I got plain instead of vanilla, and it turns out it's only 1pt! And it's a 'filling food'. It wasn't too bad either, so I might try to start eating plain once in awhile. I don't know how I'd feel about eating it on its own, but mixed with granola and bran buds, it was pretty tasty.

Tonight I'm off to a tree-trimming party, so that should be fun. A bit of wine, a few snacks, and we're going to watch Elf. Needless to say, I'm gonna stay far away from the artichoke-cheese dip, and stick with the lower point snacks.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!