Wednesday, December 3, 2008

tim horton's how could you do this to me i thought we were friends.

I've made a horrifying discovery. Apparently the coffee I drink every day -- a large Tim Horton's with two cream and one sweetener -- is four points. FOUR POINTS. I'd been counting it as two.

That means that I have 14 points for last week that were unaccounted for. Which means I actually DID go over my points for the week, which explains why I had a loss of only 0.8lbs.

Yeesh. It was so helpful emailing my food list to my mom. She had tonnes of helpful advice (including that little tidbit about the coffee), and even just the act of typing up what I ate over the course of the week was quite eye-opening. You know, you go about this program on a sort of day-to-day basis, and it was really helpful for me to look back at how I did over the whole week. Realizing that, yes, I may have been within my points range, but I drank a LOT of wine, and apparently ate nothing but grilled cheese and those little Weight Watchers cakes.

I actually feel kind of stupid for complaining about being a slow loser. The truth is, I just don't think I was following the program as well as I thought I was.

I'm determined now to do even better over the next couple of weeks. I want to get some nice losses in before the new year.

***

One thing I'm a little worried about is the fact that I have TWO big work lunches coming up -- and they're both on my weigh-in days. I'm not too worried about 'binging', but even if I eat something healthy and points-friendly, it's still going to end up being more food than I normally want to eat before I step on the scale. I haven't decided yet if I should just suck it up, and remind myself that it's not a real 'gain'? Or if I should try to find a different weigh-in on those two weeks. Decisions, decisions!