Monday, January 26, 2009

complimentary snacks.

You guys. I had a GREAT weekend. On Saturday I went to a party and there were quite a few people there who I hadn't seen in awhile, and they all kept coming up to me and telling me how great I looked. !!! I was very surprised.

I know 16lbs is not really that much, but I do feel a difference in how I look and feel -- I just don't expect anyone else to notice yet. So it was very satisfying to get all those compliments.

Of course, I let it all go to my head, and proceeded to spend the night drunkenly snacking on pistachios and sour cream and onion chips. But don't worry, I tracked and counted everything. And to be honest, I felt like I'd gone overboard because I ate: 10 chips, 6 pistachios, 4 pcs. sushi, and a few red pepper sticks with guacamole, and in retrospect, that isn't really so bad at all. I guess I just felt bad because I know I didn't NEED any of it and because I know I still have a really hard time controlling myself when there's an open food source like that.

But still, all the compliments were nice. And despite my raging hangover the next day, I didn't give into any of my desires for greasy salty food. We even ordered Swiss Chalet for dinner and I picked the Spinach Chicken Salad. Go me!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!