Sunday, January 4, 2009

let the competition begin.

I'm super excited -- I just signed up for the 'season 2' of the Biggest Loser Blog Edition! I hope it'll be a fun way to stay focused, plus a way to get to know some other weight-loss bloggers. Even though I've only been keeping this blog for a little over a month, I already find it a great way to keep thinking about weight-loss stuff.

Yesterday I tried making a 'frittata' for dinner -- it didn't quite work out, but it was still pretty good. I used 1.5 cups of frozen hashbrowns, chopped onions, red peppers, mushrooms, and spinach and sauteed them all together. Then I added four eggs, let them mostly cook through, and then added some grated low-fat cheddar cheese on top. The whole pan worked out to be about 16 points, and I split it with my sweetie, for an 8-point dinner. It was pretty tasty, and a great way to use up whatever leftover veggies you might have in the fridge.

Yesterday I also wore my WW pedometer when my sweetie and I went downtown -- and according to that thing, I walked 8000 steps and earned two activity points, just from the walking around we did. I never bother counting activity points unless I'm doing 'intentional exercise', so it's kind of amazing to see how much I'm probably accumulating just by doing my day-to-day stuff. For instance, we don't own a car, so we walk a lot (even walking to the subway is about 1000 steps). I walk to and from work every day, which is about 5000 steps. And I do all my errands on foot -- groceries, buying cat litter, etc -- which also means lugging stuff around.

So that's pretty cool. But I'm still going to do a 30-min walking DVD today, just because. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekends, everyone!