Friday, March 20, 2009

WI results and I heart The Keg.

Well, after all my whinging yesterday about how I won’t be disappointed by a gain etc, what happens? I don’t even have a gain! I had a loss last night, and a pretty decent one: 1.6lbs, for a total loss of 28lbs!

I guess this means I’m better at this whole ‘eating out’ thing than I thought … that, or it’s all going to show up next week, which is a possibility.

We went out for our dinner at The Keg last night and it was soooooooo good. I seriously had to restrain myself from moaning a little every time I took a bite of steak. This is definitely evidence to me that we should really think quality over quantity/frequency when eating out. I’d honestly be pretty happy if I could have a nice steak dinner every two months, instead of food court / pub food every few days.

I stuck to my plan of ordering the filet mignon and baked potato for dinner – the only place I screwed up a little is the wine. (What else is new!) I did stick to two glasses, but of course they were ‘Keg-Sized’ glasses (9 ounces!!), so that ended up being 9pts instead of 4. The whole meal ended up being 30pts, which meant I had to use 17 of my flex. To be fair I took them out of this coming week’s points, even though yesterday is technically still part of last week. But I figured since I’d already weighed in, if I tried to count them as last week’s points, I’d be screwing myself for next week. Does that make sense?

Anyway, my brother is leaving this afternoon and to be honest I’m kinda excited to just have a quiet night in tonight. Then tomorrow I have to start packing up my old apartment! It never stops, does it?!?

Have a great weekend everyone!