Saturday, April 25, 2009

more photographic evidence (the best kind!)

I snapped a picture of myself this morning right before I went out for a 'run'. (I know!) It felt like a moment I wanted to commemorate. Anyway, looking at the photo reminded me of some photos I tried to snap for this blog back before around Christmas. I wanted a picture of myself but every one I took 'made my face look fat'. In retrospect, I guess my face just WAS fat. Today's photo was another nice reminder of how far I've come.

Today:


December:


Neither are particularly flattering photos, but I feel like I'm two different people in these photos. (You can also get a glimpse of how much the apartment has changed since I moved in, since this is the exact same view. Ah, how much difference a woman's touch can make!)

Anyway, my 'run' this morning went okay! Inspired by everyone's comments on my running post, particularly those that said I might find myself surprised at how much I was able to do, I decided that I would after all give the first week of the Couch to 5K plan a try.

AND I TOTALLY DID IT! Okay there was one block about 2/3 of the way through where I only ran for 30 seconds instead of a minute, and I did two minutes of walking instead of 90 seconds, but that was the only one I modified. I was able to do the rest as the plan says! I AM AWESOME. I kind of felt like I was going to die, but in a good way.

I've been snapping a lot of photos today, including the stuff I'm eating. I'm going to try to start getting more photos up on the blog, so PREPARE YOURSELVES.