Monday, May 4, 2009

the skinny on jeans.

Happy Luke Skywalker Day, everyone! May the fourth be with you!

(Hehe.)

Shaun had to work all weekend so I spent most of the weekend feeling bored and sorry for myself, so yesterday I decided to do a bit of shopping to cheer myself up. Hey, it’s better than eating, right?

Anyway, I wandered into Old Navy, as I always do, and found myself looking through their jeans. They only go up to a size 18 though, and since I’m still wearing a PLUS-sized 18, I didn’t think there was any chance the regular 18s would fit. But I thought to myself, I’ll try them on, just to see how far I have to go – I won’t let this bum me out, it’ll just be an objective experiment.

You know where this story is going right? PEOPLE the jeans totally fit! AND…they were ‘skinny’ jeans! Like I have never in my life even tried to picture myself in skinny jeans, let alone put a pair on. But they fit and I looked kind of … hott. Dare I say.

Of course I bought them. I don’t even think, fashion-wise, that I’m a skinny jeans kind of girl, but I was just so in love with the fact that they fit.

I also picked up a pair of sunglasses and a couple of scarves at H&M, and while I was there I looked through a few of their tops … and what do you know, I think some of them would fit me. I didn’t bother trying anything on, because let’s be honest, I’d already had too much excitement and trendiness for one day, but someday I’ll go back. Someday I’ll wear and H&M top with my skinny jeans. Someday soon.

BLOG FRIENDS: please remind me of this post next time I’m all “I’M NOT LOSING FAST ENOUGH I FEEL SO SORRY FOR MYSELF WON’T YOU FEEL SORRY FOR ME TOO”

Next time Shaun and I are actually home at the same time, I’ll try to get him to snap a picture of the jeans. Although he did make fun of me for buying them. But I think that might be because I told him I spent the day sitting on the couch wearing my skinny jeans and watching Saved By The Bell. I think he thinks I’m stuck in the early 90s. I kind of am.