Tuesday, May 19, 2009

vacation countdown!

What? You didn't think you'd actually heard the last about my upcoming VEGAS VACATION, did you? Come on, people. This is me we're talking about.


Anyway, I realized our vacation is just under a month away! Of course, I’m doing that uber-annoying thing where you start thinking “I’ve got four more weigh-ins before we go, wonder if I could make it to xxx weight by then? That’s only x.x lbs a week, it’ll be hard but maybe I should try …”

But I hate setting timeline goals like that. I’ve tried all along to avoid setting myself goals like “Lose x lbs by y date.” Because it’s too frustrating. I can control what I eat, and how much I work out, but at the end of the day I can’t control how quickly the pounds come off.

So for the next four weeks I’m going to focus on eating well, going to Boot Camp twice a week, and doing my three Couch To 5K workouts each week. Basically: the usual.

The other thing I’m thinking about though, is to cut out beer for the month – I’ve been having too much of it lately, and my body seems to like to hang onto that stuff. I’ll stick to wine when I want a drink (I can always have white wine, if it’s a patio day and I want something cold.) I’ll have one exception day – next Friday I’m going to a baseball game for a friend’s birthday, and I know I’ll want to let myself have one or two while we’re there. I’ll have light beer if it’s available though. Luckily I won’t be tempted to drink too much, since ballgame beer costs about, oh, $8 a bottle or something.

Anyway, so that’s my pre-vacation plan. My secret hope is that this will allow me to get out of the 210s by the time we leave – but that’s 9lbs away, and I’m not going to hold my breath. :)