Wednesday, June 24, 2009

focus!

Okay! Now that my vacation is over, it’s time to get back on track! Well, okay, I guess I was never really that off track, since I’ve been sticking to my points, and going to boot camp, but I feel like my food choices haven’t been too stellar lately, and I’ve definitely been slacking on the ‘healthy guidelines’ and all that. Not to mention that I’m getting a bit bored with my usual meals.

But I’m feeling really focused again. I’m ready for a good challenge.


I was thinking of doing a one-week ‘clean eating’ challenge for myself. I like tough challenges with firm end points, so I think this will work for me. For one week, I’ll cut out: alcohol, artificial sweeteners, animal products, and anything overly processed. So I’ll eat mostly fruits and veggies, beans, legumes, nuts. I might allow in one serving of plain yogurt per day, just because I do think it helps my insides.

I’m already getting excited thinking of the different meals I can make, how I can fill myself up and eat yummy meals on such a limited ingredient list. Green monsters for breakfast, cauliflower and chick pea curry for lunch, baked sweet potatoes topped with black beans, homemade salsa and avocado for dinner, etc. Fruit and nuts for snacking, giant salads, gazpacho… I haven’t felt this jazzed about eating healthy in a while, so I think it’ll be good. And the one week deadline doesn’t make it seem too overwhelming.


I also decided to join Amy’s 15 Week Challenge, so that should be fun. I like that she plans to have little weekly challenges on healthy habits as well, rather than just the regular weight loss thing.


I’m actually getting pretty close to two big weight loss milestones: the 50 lb mark (4.4 lbs to go!) and ‘onderland’ (12 lbs to go!). And I guess I do worry about losing focus before I get there, so I’m thinking the time to get my energy and enthusiasm back up is NOW – while the getting is still good, if you know what I mean.