Monday, June 29, 2009

is it friday yet?

I am so hungry lately! I don’t know what’s going on, but I find myself starving every day! Especially in the mornings / early afternoons. I eat my breakfast around 9:30 and by 10:30 I’m ready for lunch. What is up with that? I had to skip my planned soup + crackers lunch, and instead go get a 6” sub from Subway, loaded up with veggies and roasted chicken. I even splurged on a Coke Zero and a bag of Baked Lays. This is one of my favourite indulgent meals. I never have pop or chips anymore so it always feels like such a treat.

I also popped into Indigo while I was in the area, and I ended up buying FOUR magazines. !!! I know. !!! I got Self (because it had my beloved Jillian Michaels on the cover), Women’s Health (dunno, just appealed to me), Clean Eating, and Cooking Light. I’m hoping the latter two will give me some meal ideas for the next couple of months. I’m sick of most of my current meals, but it’s so hot that I’m not motivated to try a lot of cooking right now. So in some ways magazines are better than cookbooks, because they’re much timelier. They actually take into account what season it is, what kind of produce is available, what holidays are coming up, etc. Both the mags look like they have lots of simple salad ideas, sandwiches, frozen desserts, etc. so here’s hoping.

Still no idea what to make for dinner tonight though. This is why I end up always eating wraps. This is why I’m sick of wraps. :)