Saturday, June 27, 2009

one of those days.

Today was one of those days: one of those amazing days that make you realize "holy cow, I really have lost a fair crapload of weight." I love those days!

 

Shaun and I had lunch at this little place we used to go to all the time, but haven't been in awhile, and I realized: the chairs don't dig into my hips anymore.

 

We walked half away across town and then back and I realized: I'm not that tired.

 

I went into Old Navy and I bought everything in a size Large, even the 'non-stretchy' items. I realized: that's pretty much a 'normal person size'.

 

I tried on a super cute t-shirt dress at ON, which I instantly fell in love with. I want to purchase one in every colour except it's slightly impractical because it's too short to wear to work. But I love it and every time I look at myself in the mirror, it reminds me of how much smaller I am, compared to where I was.

 

dress

 

In other news, I finally decided to try making a Green Monster! I used a cup of vanilla soy milk, a frozen banana, a tbsp of almond butter, and several handfuls of spinach. It's pretty delicious!

 

Here's the obligatory picture, but since you guys are probably sick of pictures of Green Monsters, I decided I'd mix it up a little for you by drinking it out of the giant skull mug I got in Vegas!

 

greenmonster

 

Also featuring a special cameo by my darling kitty Beezus, who is a special birthday girl this week! She turned eight! Actually, this picture is a pretty good example of what our life together has been like: you can tell she is rolling her eyes and thinking "What the crap are you doing now?"

 

That's all, my friends. I'm off to volunteer night #2! In my new dress, of course. :)