Tuesday, June 2, 2009

more fun with foods.

I found a new (to me) and delicious (to me) food today: smoked tofu! YUM. I like all things smoked (cheeses, meats, etc.) and I like tofu (the firmer the better), so I thought this would be a win, and I'm delighted that it was.

 

I used it to make a wrap. I topped a whole wheat pita with 2 tbsp. hummus, 1/4 avocado, half a tomato, a handful of mixed baby greens, some alfalfa sprouts, and the smoked tofu, sliced. I used about 1/3 of the package (it comes in a small square, about the size of a small package of cheese slices.) It worked out to be 2pts (for the tofu. The wrap in total was 8pts.)

 

I loved this wrap! The smoked tofu ended up tasting more like smoked cheese, once it was mixed up with everything else. I am all in favour of things tasting like cheese.

 

Of course, my wrap had the same problem as most of my wraps do. I was too ambitious in filling it up! Here is me playing a game called "Will this fit in my mouth?" (That's what she said. Heh.)

 

giant-wrap 

 

I also tried out another Hungry Girl recipe: her 'dreamy chocolate peanut butter fudge'. It's a brownie mix with canned pumpkin and peanut butter. I'm letting it cool now, but it smells and looks delish.

 

hg-fudge