Friday, June 26, 2009

personal day.

Despite the fact that I just got back from vacation last weekend, I ended up taking a personal day today. It was sooooo relaxing. I did nothing but watch CSI, do a load of laundry, and go out and get frozen yogurt.

 

Tonight and tomorrow I'm volunteering with the Toronto Pride Festival, so that should be fun. I've done it the last couple of years and I always really enjoy it.

 

Gay rights are an issue that is really important to me, but I also have a friend who is heavily involved in Pride, so I like to be able to help him out. He's an amazing person and I can't even count the number of times he's helped me out, including moving me into my old apartment, complete with driving a U-Haul all the way from the rental place in the suburbs, complete with doing this the day after his birthday when he was super hungover. Can you imagine? -- Of course, he paid me back the next year on his birthday, when he THREW UP ON ME at the bar. Ha ha ha!  I still tease him about that, but I secretly believe it means we'll be friends for life. You can't stop being friends with someone once you've puked on them!

 

Here we are at Pride, I think 2 years ago? Whistle kissing! Awwww.

whistle

 

I really miss that haircut I had!

 

Anyway! The only downside to volunteering is there is about a bazillion pounds of free food for the volunteers, usually pizza.

 

I was getting all angsty, wondering how I'd work in these points, but then I thought, my shift is 9pm to 1am. That's not exactly dinner time, so there's no real reason for me to eat anything at that time. So I just ate a yummy filling dinner at home (whole wheat pasta with portabello mushrooms and baby clams, in tomato sauce), and I'll bring a grapefruit and a granola bar with me (just in case!) but that's it. When it comes to free food, sometimes it's easier just to not touch any of it, you know?

 

Okay, I'm off to get changed and then head out. Hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!