Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WI results and a question about kickboxing.

Weigh in today and I was down 1 lb exactly, which I’m excited about because it takes me out of the 210s and into the 200s! (And into a new points range.) WOOHOO! It also brings my total loss to 48.2! I’m going to try really hard to make it to 50 lbs next week. That’s only 1.8 lbs – I can do it!


And now, a question!

My friend Abbie and I are considering taking a kickboxing class once boot camp is over, but I’ve been looking into and I’m not really sure what kind of class we should take.


Do we take something authentic like this Muay Thai kickboxing class, or should we take something more like the ‘cardio kickboxing’ or ‘fitness kickboxing’ classes offered at gyms? I don’t know much about kickboxing – the main we reason we decided to do this is that we both agreed that BY FAR the funnest part of boot camp is when Kelly comes around with the punching pads and we just go at them as hard and as fast as we can. It’s seriously so fun, and such a good stress reliever. And way better than punching the air! So I want a class that actually involves punching pads or bags. But I’m not ready for anything like sparring. So I don’t know!

I know some of you have taken kickboxing so I’m curious about your experience. Any input or thoughts welcome, I’m seriously at a loss here!