Sunday, July 5, 2009

revolutionized.

Yesterday Was A Wonderful Day For Yesterday I Have Done Purchased A George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine.

George!

Seriously, why I have never done this before?!?! I've been complaining for, oh, four years now about my lack of outside space and how much I miss grilling on the barbecue, but it never even OCCURED to me to get a counter-top grill. I mean, I know it's not the same but it's definitely better than nothing, and definitely gives me tonnes of new options for cooking healthy food.

Yesterday our inaugural meal was HAMBURGERS. I know, not the healthiest, but it's what we had on hand! Plus, uh, we were celebrating July 4th with you Americans! Yeah, that's it. :) Anyway, I was so excited I made Shaun take a picture. Here you can see our hideous kitchen featuring: the smallest amount of counter space known to man, and cupboard doors that never close! Also me, looking like a dork.

cooking

But anyway, the burgers turned out great! I even grilled the buns for a minute, which was such a nice switch from the normal microwave defrosting. I had mine with a bit of salsa and guacamole, and on the side I made a 'Fiesta Salad', (I don't know, I just made that name up!) with brown rice, black beans, mango, orange peppers, tomato, and carrots, plus a ton of chopped cilantro and a dressing of olive oil, lime juice, and chilli powder. 'Twas delish!

Hamburger

Do you have a counter-top grill? What's your favourite thing to cook on it? Any tips for a newbie like me?