Monday, August 31, 2009

happy anniversary to me! I mean, to Shaun!

Happy Monday, everyone! Can I just say, I’m so excited that tomorrow is September 1? I feel like a huge weight is being lifted off my shoulders. Yay fall!

And guess what today is? My second anniversary with Shaun! Awwwwww. I can’t believe it’s been two years. Time flies when you’re having fun, I guess. :)

We’re going out for a nice steak dinner to celebrate, but we’re going tomorrow instead of tonight. Why? Because I have to weigh in tomorrow at lunch and I don’t want to screw it up. Ha ha ha! I love that I have a boyfriend so understanding / indulgent of my weirdness!

Actually this is going to be a bad week for weight-watching, because not only do we have our anniversary, Shaun’s birthday is on Saturday, and my birthday is next Thursday. Busy times! We have our steak dinner at The Keg planned for tomorrow, Shaun has requested pizza and beer for his birthday, and my birthday is going to involve drinks and appetizers at Panorama (so excited!) Looks like I’ll be logging lots of time at the gym this week. ;)

I’m also cat/plant/house-sitting for some friends of mine this week, and so we spent Saturday and Sunday night taking full advantage of their backyard and barbecue. I had some salmon, along with potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, asparagus and tomatoes, all done up on the bbq. YUM. Even though it was kind of cold in the evenings, it was still nice sitting outside with a beer, and some delicious food, and some friends we haven’t seen in a while.

I haven’t had the happiest summer but already I feel it turning around. I’ll say it again: Yay fall!