Tuesday, August 18, 2009

WI results and feeling funky (not in the good way.)

Weigh in today and I was UP! 1.4 lbs to be exact. UNBELIEVABLE. This is the biggest gain I’ve had in the nine months I’ve been doing this – and I can’t see any reason for it. I earned 30 activity points this week and didn’t eat any of them, and I only ate about 25 of my Flex points. And nothing particularly salty over the last few days, except maybe some skinless rotisserie chicken. BAH. I’m trying not to let this get to me but dang.

I don’t know, you guys.

I have been feeling so … off, lately. I wrote the other day about feeling lonely and isolated lately, but I guess I also feel … bored. Like what is the point of anything? Maybe I need to take a class or something, or come up with some kind of fitness goal, like training for a 10k or a triathalon or something. But nothing is really jumping out at me so far.

I dunno, I guess this is a summer thing for me. I always feel so listless, in the summer. Like nothing is exciting but, even worse, like nothing matters. I think about doing anything and my brain responds with “What’s the point?” I almost feel like this is a form of mild depression, maybe? I think it happens to me every summer. I wish there was a way to snap out of it.

I guess the one good thing is I’m not feeling driven to overeat these days, either – as much as I’m feeling ‘mah, what’s the point?’ about weightloss, I feel the same about going off plan. Eating is just routine now – I don’t feel excited about the foods I’m eating, but I don’t feel excited about the foods I’m not eating either. If that makes sense.

Bah. Sorry for this debbie-downer of a post! Anyone have any suggestions for how to snap out of this funk, and back into my life?