Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WI results and why jillian why?!

WI today and I was down 2.4 lbs, for a total now of 54.2 lbs! Exciting times! Getting under 204 was a big deal for me, because that's the lowest I ever remember weighing as an adult. From here on in, it's alllll new.

*****

Okay, now, I have to share this. I love Jillian Michaels. Love her! Love her toughness and her no-nonsense approach to weightloss and fitness. Which is why I was frankly a bit horrified to find these. Yes, Jillian is schilling weight-loss pills. And yes, it’s really her because the only reason I found out about these is through her newsletter, which I subscribe to. What is also horrifying is that … I kinda want to try them now. Because … if JILLIAN promotes them, they must be good! RIGHT? Except I won’t try them, because I’m totally against this kind of thing, but I wonder about all the people who WILL try them, because she’s promoting them. UGH. And I don’t care that they’re ‘all natural’. Bullshit is all natural too, just FYI.

Jillian, how could you do this? WHY would you do this? Your podcast always made me think that you hated this kinda thing. Are you really so desperate to make more money?

What do you guys think about this? As you can see, I'm totally not down! But do you think there's a place for these kinds of 'weigh loss aids'? Do you think she's 'selling out' or do you think she really believes these will help people? ACK. So disappointed today!