Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WI results and my first ESBM recipe.

Weigh in today and I was very happy (and a little surprised!) to be down 1.2 lbs, bringing my total loss to 60 lbs!! Wowie! I had a busy week with our anniversary (dinner at the Keg), plus Shaun’s birthday (pizza, beer, and ice cream cake), but I also crammed in some time at the gym, and I was cat-sitting for some friends so I biked or walked across town almost every day to check on the kitty. So I guess the week evened out!

Yesterday I tried out my first recipe from the Eat, Shrink and Be Merry cookbook. I made “Life In The Fast Loin”, which is basically just porkchops with an apricot-mustard-balsamic sauce. I was pretty happy with it. To be fair, I think it’s one of the least ‘exciting’ recipes in the book – basically any kind of sweet balsamicy sauce would be good on pork, and I feel like I could have come up with something equally good if I’d just been winging it. That said, it was nice to find a recipe that was soooo simple, and for which I already had all the ingredients on hand. So overall, I'd say it was definitely a success, but I'm looking forward to trying one of the more interesting recipes.