Friday, October 2, 2009

a long weekend. and a coat.

Thanks for all your comments yesterday, you guys! You all are and continue to be THE BEST.

Today is the start of my personal extra-long weekend. I decided to do something a little indulgent, and along with my pedicure I made an appointment to get a facial! This is something I've never done before and am kind of excited about, HOWEVER I have now got myself all freaked out about 'extractions'! I'm going to ask her to be gentle. Not a fan of pain!

Excited about the pedicure though, and hopefully the facial will be worth it in the end.

What else am I doing today? Started with coffee and a big bowl of oatmeal. After I post this I'm going to the gym. Because I'm good that way. And then I plan to head downtown, grab a pumpkin spice latte and browse the bookstore for an hour or so before my appointment. I'll be at the spa for two hours (God, I feel like a wanker saying that!) and then it's home for a fabulous Friday dinner of pizza and wine.

Ahhhhhhh. Today is going to be a great day.

 

Oh! Also I wanted to mention something that happened yesterday. I was at a bar having a glass of wine with a friend, and she was mulling over what she was going to wear to an event tonight, when she realized she was sort of in need of a black coat. So we swapped coats! Right there at the bar! I know it seems silly but I've never in my life been the same size as my friends and this whole 'swapping clothes' thing is a totally new and exciting thing to me. I wore her red coat home with pride.

It was also a bit weird too though, because I totally don't SEE us as being the same size. In my head she is "normal sized with just a couple of extra pounds", and I don't see myself as even close to normal yet. And granted she IS still a bit smaller than me (my coat was a tad loose on her, and hers a tad tight on me) but still. The fact that we are THAT close was shocking. I didn't think my self-perception was that off, but maybe it is.

I'll leave you with some photographic evidence of the red coat. I was experimenting with the self-timer on my camera so these came out a little odd but I kinda like them. :)

 

030

022