Tuesday, October 27, 2009

WI results and some thoughts on goal.

Weigh in today and I was quite pleased to be down 3lbs! Hello 180s! I haven’t seen you in, well – ever! And goodbye to one extra point a week – I’ll miss you but I know I can live without you.

That also means 68.6 lost total now! Wowsa!

ETA: Forgot to include my stats for the week! Here they are:
Flex Points used: 34/35
Activity Points earned: 21
Activity Points used: 0
Weigh-in result: -3.0

I’ve been thinking a bit about my goal weight lately. I know I just blogged about how this isn’t a journey and I don’t focus too much on ‘goals’, but the reality is I’m following a WW eating plan specifically designed for weight LOSS and eventually I’ll have to figure out where I want to stop and transition to an eating plan intended for weight MAINTENANCE.

The funny thing is when I first started with Weight Watchers, I thought the 155 goal weight (the top of my range) was impossible. In my mind, my end goal was more like 175-185. Now I’m THREE POUNDS away from that! It’s crazy to think I’ve come this far. And of course, I don’t feel that satisfied yet – I still can barely fit into regular-sized pants! So 155 is looking more and more reasonable. I mean, I’m still going to play it by ear. I think it’s okay to do that. (And to be honest, if I’d first walked into WW thinking I had to lose more than 100 lbs, I probably would have walked straight back out. And eaten a donut or four.) But now, to think that I might have 33 lbs left to goal – that I can deal with. I’ve already lost twice that much.