Thursday, November 5, 2009

updated WI results and checking points.

I just realized that the receptionist at my WW meeting made an error in my weigh-in book – I actually lost 2.4 lbs this week, not 2.2, for a total loss of 71 lbs, not 70.8. Not a big deal, I just think it’s funny since Kate and I were just discussing how annoying it is that the receptionists always seem to be making mistakes like this. Ha ha! Anyway, I’m glad I figured it out – something was seeming ‘off’ about the weigh-in, I just couldn’t put my finger on it! Anyway, I updated my sidebar accordingly.

Shaun and I are off to The Keg tonight to celebrate the end of his contract, I can’t wait! We go to The Keg every couple of months or so (it’s just up the street from us), and I remember looking up the points the first time we went and settling on the Filet Mignon, for 13 pts, and a baked potato for 6 pts. More than I’d normally spend, but worth it for a good steak, in my opinion. So that’s what I always order. Anyway, today I suddenly had a motivation to check out the points again – I found that everything on the website had been redesigned, including the nutritional info, and that my beloved filet was now clocking in at 25 POINTS!!! Not to put too fine a point on it, but I nearly crapped myself.

Luckily this story has a happy ending. After playing around a bit with the nutritional info tool, trying to figure out what else I might be able to eat, I realized what was happening: the info provided was for the whole meal, not just the steak, so it included the twice-baked potato (12pts.) Yay! My beloved steak was still ‘just’ 13 pts.

I am a happy girl again! But I thought this was a good reminder to occasionally recheck the points on things, even when you’ve been eating them for eons. You never know when a company or restaurant is going to change their recipe or cooking process.