Wednesday, November 4, 2009

the dreaded week 5.

Ok, bloggies, I need a pep talk!

This week I'm on week 5 of the Couch To 5K. For those of you who have done it, I probably don't need to explain why I'm filled with dread. For those of you who aren't familiar, this is the week where your amount of running time increases dramatically -- basically from 5 minutes intervals to 20 minutes solid.

Mild. Panic. Attack.

In fact, the past 2 times I've attempted this program, I quit at week 4. Without even trying week 5. Because I was too scared to even try it. That is a thing about me -- I psych myself out too much and get totally freaked out about stuff that hasn't even happened yet.

True story: the night before I started kindergarten, I woke my mom up crying in the middle of the night.

"What's wrong?" she asked. "Are you afraid to start kindergarten?"

"No!" I sobbed. "I'm afraid to start HIGH SCHOOL!"

Ha ha! My mom still enjoys telling this story. :) But I think it really proves how deep down these fears run for me, and how capable I am of totally overthinking things.

Anyway! This time around I've made it further into the C25K than I ever have before. On Sunday I did the first day of Week 5 -- five minute intervals. Today I tackled the second day's run, of 8 minute intervals. But Friday -- Friday I face down the big daddy. Twenty minutes.

So! I know a lot of you have done this program before. Tell me about your experience with the Week 5, Day 3 run. (Or if you learned to run a different way, tell me about the first time you ran 20 min. straight.) Tell me about how you thought you couldn't do it and then you totally did. Or alternately, tell me about how you couldn't actually do it the first time but you kept at it and soon enough you were rocking it. I need INSPIRATIONAL STORIES here!

Also! I need inspirational music! What are some good work out songs? My current faves are:
Stronger - Kanye West
Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
Crank Dat - Soulja Boy

So you can probably see where my tastes lie. :) But I'm open to anything that'll keep me motivated.