Tuesday, November 3, 2009

WI results and a running goal!

It’s Tuesday so that means: weigh in day! I was down 2.2 lbs, for a total loss of 70.8 lbs. Can I get a “Woooo!”? And possibly a “Hoooo!”?

This week's stats:
Flex Points used: 35/35
Activity Points earned: 24
Activity Points used: 2/24
Weigh-in Results: -2.2 lbs

Today I also took the plunge and signed up for my first 5k! Eeek! I kept reading about all the "Halibloggers" participating in the Santa Shuffle down there in Halifax, so I pitched it to some of the GTA bloggers and we decided we’d just have to do one too! So a bunch of us have now signed up to do the Santa Shuffle right here in Toronto, on December 5.

I can’t wait! I’m working my way through the Couch To 5K right now, and it’s going pretty well, but I wanted to do something to guarantee that I’d finish, and I think signing up for a race is the best way to do this. Especially signing up for a race that I’ve now convinced other people to do with me! Ha ha! I’m allowing for the possibility that I still might not be up for running the ENTIRE thing, but I’m going to bust my ass between now and then to make sure I can at least run most of it!

I also have a couple of ‘real life’ friends who may be participating, and I’m looking forward to hopefully doing a couple of runs with them beforehand. As I was saying to one person today, I never IN MY LIFE thought I would reach the point where I considered running a 5K to be a fun thing to do with my friends, but here we are. Here I am.

And you know what? I LOVE IT.