Monday, February 8, 2010

I did it! one whole week of food blogging.

Wow, I can’t believe it’s day seven already! This has been kind of a fun week, with the food blogging.

Okay, on to today’s food. Actually, let me first just say that I am seriously low on groceries right now, and even though I did make a plan for most of this week, I had sort of forgot to plan any further than Sunday. So today I had to scrounge a little.

Breakfast was the usual suspect: oatmeal!

feb810-1-2
  • 1/3 cup oatmeal
  • 2/3 cup almond breeze
  • 1/3 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • tbsp coconut
  • tbsp ground flax seed
  • little bit of brown sugar, little bit of coconut butter
I ended up having a video shoot first thing this morning, which to be honest, I kinda hate when those are scheduled for first thing Monday. I like to kind of ease into my week, but not today. I was lugging equipment and bossing people around all morning! Ha ha. By the time I got back to my desk around 11:30 I was feeling quite hungry / thirsty / a bit frazzled, so I dug around in my desk until I found this:

feb810-4

They gave out these Weight Watcher smoothie samples at a meeting a few weeks ago, and I stashed mine in my desk for an emergency. I decided today counted.

feb810-5

It was … meh. Ok. I just drank it with water, so I will admit that it actually tasted a marginally better than I was expecting, but I don’t forsee ever actually buying these.

I dug into my lunch about an hour later. The remainder of my sweet potato and pear roast was on its last legs, so I threw it together in another salad.

feb810-2

With a little side of meatballs. Seriously, I have to use up all these leftovers!

feb810-3

Come afternoon, what do you know? I was starving again! And normally I snack on a piece of fruit, but I’m literally all out of produce at the moment. So I dug through the deep recesses of my desk again until I scrounged up these:

feb810-7 feb810-6

My coworker had brought me these to try. They’re little chocolate cookies, quite tasty actually, and 3pts for the little bag. Not something I want to live off, but they were pretty tasty, and I am a big believer in keeping a non-perishable snack in your purse / desk / car / wherever, to keep yourself from getting too over-hungry. These would make a nice change from granola bars, which are my usual choice for my emergency stash.

For dinner, I threw together exactly the same thing as yesterday, a pita pizza.

feb810-1

Which I will now say was actually NOT the best pre-boot camp meal. I thought I’d be okay because I ate it at 5:30 and class isn’t until 8, but nope. It just didn’t sit right. Oh well, now I know.

I’m just about ready for bed now, and chugging away at my water. I’ll be back tomorrow with my WI results, and an update on how I feel about this week of getting back to basics.

Goodnight, all!