Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Sunday! not that I’m actually watching it. but go Saints go!

What a nice day! I used to kind of hate Sundays, but now they might be my favourite day of the week (except for that whole ‘having to go to work the next day’ thing.)

This morning I slept in, until 9:30 or so, and then Shaun and I took our usual walk to Starbucks, where I got a grande mild. Then he went off to work and I came home. I had a craving for ‘the classic’. To me, that’s oatmeal with almond butter and banana.

feb710-1

This was my breakfast EVERY WEEKEND for the first 10 months or so that I was doing WW. It’s just so filling and tasty.
  • 1/3 cup oatmeal
  • 2/3 cup almond milk
  • small sliced banana
  • tbsp almond butter
  • little bit of brown sugar, and about a tsp of maple butter
After that I dragged myself to the gym where I actually had a GREAT run on the treadmill, even though I was totally dreading going over there. I managed to run a full 25 minutes at 5mph, which may not be much to some of you but for me is awesome. It didn’t hurt that I was running on a treadmill next to a guy who totally looked like Warrick from CSI.  Running next to attractive guys is always a good motivator to push a little harder, but this was especially awesome because it allowed me to concoct an elaborate fantasy about how we were in CSI training together.

Haha, I have a very active imagination. Comes in handy on the treadmill. ;)

After I got home, I threw together a little lunch, trying to use up some leftovers. So I had broccoli soup, and a few leftover meatballs from yesterday.

feb710-2

Something pretty funny happened while I was photographing my lunch though.

feb710-4 feb710-3

Ha ha! Bad kitty! I normally don’t let the cats on the table when there’s food there, but I was so into my photo-taking that I didn’t hear her hop up (she’s a ninja, I think.) I didn’t notice her at all until I actually saw her little paw sneak into the frame of the photo. Ha ha!

(Needless to say I did not eat that meatball!)

After lunch, I did a bunch of cleaning around the house, had a verrry long shower, and popped in a disc of Buffy. I love this show, and embarked on rewatching the series a couple of months ago. That’s SEVEN seasons -- but I’m FINALLY almost done (about 10 episodes to go!)

Dinner was nothing fancy tonight, but I cannot lie, it was super delish.

Pita pizza!

feb710-6

With barely a vegetable to be seen! This was the ‘meat lovers’ version! With mushrooms, olives, pepperoni, a few crumbled meatballs, and some cheddar / mozza blend.

I wrapped up the day with one of Kate’s ‘pineapple upside-down cupcakes’ from last night.

 feb710-8

Loved this! Thanks Kate!