Tuesday, March 30, 2010

WI results and an epic fail. Or should I say ‘eggpic’ fail.

Well, let’s start with the weigh-in results, shall we? This week I was down 1.2 lbs! I was THRILLED with that, especially considering I ate out twice this week and had take-out pizza. That takes me to 85.6 lbs total now!

Now, on to the good stuff!

Breakfast was oatmeal again, with a tropical twist.

mar30-1

Mango and raspberry and coconut! Oh my! This had:
  • cinnamon
  • brown sugar
  • coconut butter
  • cottage cheese
  • mango
  • raspberries
  • shredded coconut
Delishis!!

For lunch I enjoyed another wrap, made on a whole wheat pita.

  mar30-2

This had the usual mix of tofu, avocado, tomato and spring mix. I was all out of hummus, so guess what I used as a spread? PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY. I know, right? I am cRaZy! But this was really tasty! I used cashew butter and apricot preserves, and the combo was really good! In fact, the only thing I’d change is to actually use a little more of each next time.

Dessert was this Asian pear. If you’ve never had one, you should! They’re kind of a combination between a pear and an apple, in both taste, texture and appearance. Very nice and fresh tasting.

mar30-3

Mid afternoon I had my usual coffee and sweet snack. Today I had a Triple Chocolate Chunk Vitatop. Hit the spot.

mar30-4

When I got home from work I munched on some baby carrots.

mar30-5

For dinner I made something AMAZING: Greek-style scrambled eggs!

 mar30-6

This was mushrooms, tomatoes, and kalamata olives, sauteed together with 2 eggs, a splash of milk, some oregano and garlic. Seriously so good! And you can tell how excited I was by the effort I put into the photo. Green thingies! A place mat! Oh yeah, I was pretty psyched about this.

And then …

mar30-7

BYE BYE DINNER.

Sobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.

Oh, the devastation. The devastation.

I did eat a couple bites that landed on the chair (yes, I ate off the chair) and this really was AMAZING. Sadly I was not in the mood to make it again, so I put together dinner #2.

 mar30-8

Not nearly as exciting, I’m afraid. A sandwich thin, with peanut butter and a banana.

So that’s today’s edition of Welcome To My Hilarious Life. Have you ever dropped your whole dinner on the floor before? What’s the biggest kitchen disaster you’ve ever had?