Tuesday, July 6, 2010

i miss this.

You know what  I miss? This blog. You guys. Eating well and working out. I miss it all.

I have not been totally off the rails or anything, but I haven't been totally on them either. I was busy with my class and then my class ended and then I was distracted by some other stuff and now we're in the middle of a pretty brutal heat wave, and I keep saying to myself, "I'll get back on track tomorrow", but it hasn't happened yet.

In fact, I think the last time I was on track was when I bought this sweet potato:



Ha ha ha! Yes, I found this guy tucked away on my windowsill tonight when I was putting away my new groceries. Sad, right? Needless to say, he's been sitting there for quite a while.

But speaking of new groceries, tonight I hit up the Riverdale Farm Farmer's Market to stock up on some produce, in an effort to eat better and remind myself how much fun it can be to eat healthy.

I actually had a blast at the market and I think I'm going to make it a regular thing. I got:
  • Raspberries
  • Apricots
  • Spinach
  • Zucchini
  • Garlic Scapes (I've been seeing them all over the blogs lately!)
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Some kind of sheep cheese that I can't recall the name of
A pretty good haul! When I got home I put together a cold plate, because it was much too hot to cook.


Ahhhhh, vegetables. I truly did miss you.

I think I'm back on track now. I just needed today to remind myself. I just needed to toss away the sprouted sweet potato in my soul and make room for the fresh stuff. As they say. :)