Wednesday, December 1, 2010

a holiday project.


I am insanely excited for the holidays this year. I missed Christmas almost entirely last year because we went to Cuba (not that I’m complaining – I mean, Cuba!), but this year I’m ready for double-doses of Christmas movies, traditional music, great food, time with friends, and holiday decorating. We’re going to put up a tree and everything – funnily enough, even though this will be my fourth Christmas with Shaun, it’ll be our first time actually having a tree. Can you say YIPPEE?!

So I have been looking for a way to mark the season somehow.  I looked at doing these Daily December  pages but they’re more aimed at scrapbookers – and while I think I would probably enjoy scrapbooking, the Christmas season is not really the prime time to be trying to learn and invest in a new hobby. And anyway, I knew I wanted my project to be digital, to involve some storytelling but also some photography and just general creative goodness.

Anyway, then I stumbled across this Reverb 10 project.


From their site:

Reverb 10 (#reverb10) is … an open online initiative that encourages participants to reflect on this year and manifest what’s next. It’s an opportunity to retreat and consider the reverberations of your year past, and those that you’d like to create in the year ahead. 

So each day they will post a prompt for you to write about, something that will allow you to reflect a little on your year. Perfect, right? So I will be playing along, and trying to incorporate some photography and holiday spirit and whatnot. I'm not 100% sure of the form it'll take, or if it'll always be consistent, but but basically I'm just trying to post something creative every day, something that I can eventually look back on and remember this season.

I’ll actually post my first entry later today. I just wanted to get this little explanation out of the way first, so you weren’t all like, WHAT?

PS: Since this is still somewhat of a weight loss blog, I'll mention that I'm still trucking along with WW Online. Down 0.8 lbs this week, which is not terribly remarkable, but I am taking my time through the holidays, I think. Looking forward to the new plan coming out on Monday! I've been enjoying reading first impressions from my American blog friends.