Monday, December 8, 2008

im in ur fridge eatin ur cheez

This weekend was a bit hard, though I think I did okay. Since I moved the cats over to S's last weekend, we decided I'd spend the whole week sleeping at his place, to help them settle in. That's the first time we've done that and it was ... hard. I mean, I knew moving in together wouldn't be easy for us -- I just thought we'd get a few weeks of the 'honeymoon period' before things started to get stressful, but I guess not.

Anyway, of course when I'm stressed I want to eat. I felt lonely and sad all weekend and seriously wanted to stuff my face, to make those feelings go away. On Friday I was making us little personal pizzas for dinner, and all of a sudden I realized I was standing there, eating handfuls of shredded mozzarella straight out of the bag! I mean, without even noticing! I think I only had about three smally handfuls, so I counted it as 5 points, but JESUS. I gotta tell you, that really scared me, how I could do that so easily, so without thought or care.

Saturday was a bit better -- I ate pretty lightly all day and actually came in a bit below my daily points target. Sunday S. went into the office to get some extra work done, so I decided to have a bit of girl time. I had a long shower, with shaving, moisturizing, etc, and then did a face mask and watched Love Actually and cried my eyes out. I ate lunch of smoked salmon, cream cheese and rolls. I went a bit overboard there, and ate TWICE the serving amount I'd planned. but I had a small dinner to compensate, and I came in a couple under my daily target again.

I dunno. I don't know if I should feel bad about those little 'binges' if my day still works out okay. I guess it's still not terribly healthy behaviour, so I should definitely work on it, but I also know I can't change everything all at once. I still think I'm doing pretty well so far. And, on a more positive note, Friday, after the mindless-eating-of-cheese incident, I portioned out the rest of the cheese into 1/2 c. servings, and threw them all in the freezer so they wouldn't tempt me, and I didn't eat a single morsel while I was doing it.

Anyway, I'm going to be sleeping at my own house tonight, and making a slap-dash meal of stir-fried beef, corn, peppers and salsa over brown rice, so that will be good. I might pick up a season of Friends or something too, just to cheer myself up.