Thursday, January 15, 2009

"lemony lentil" is really fun to say.

I'm on a really good roll lately -- both eating-wise and general productivity-wise. Is it just me or do those two things always seem to go hand in hand?

Yesterday for dinner I made 'twice-baked' potatoes, with fat-free sour cream, goat cheese, onions, and parsley. I also cooked up a can of lentils with onions, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley, and then dumped a huge spoonful of it on a bed of spinach, and topped with goat cheese. It was basically the Weight Watchers "Lemony Lentil Goat Cheese Salad" except I cooked the lentils first. It was tasty -- I always forget how much I like lentils.

I also managed to hem three pairs of pants last night -- something that's been on my to-do list for, oh, months. I actually have a reasonable amount of wearable pants now.

I bought this crazy water yesterday called MetroMint. It's just regular water with a bit of mint flavour -- it was kinda nice actually. Although it gave me that feeling that my teeth were freezing -- you know when you chew minty gum outside on a cold day? That's how I felt every time I took a drink. I definitely had to sip it rather than drink it down. Oh well, at least the bottle is super pretty. :)