Friday, January 30, 2009

where it gets hard.

Yesterday I got some pretty devastating personal news, and I've been a wreck ever since. I woke up crying about three times last night. Things are going to be pretty rough for my family for the next few months.

Aside from all the other million things I'm now worried about, I'm also thinking about what this is going to do to my weightloss efforts. I am DEFINITELY a stress eater, and I admit that the thought of binging has already crossed my mind. "I could eat an entire bag of chips," I thought last night. "Under the circumstances, no one would blame me." But then I thought: no one would ever 'blame' me for eating chips. No one else would even really care. I'm the one who'd be disappointed in myself, and that hasn't changed, even with the current family drama going on. I wouldn't be happy with myself if I ate a bag of chips, even if I had an 'excuse' like this one.

Anyway, so I'm trying to hold that thought for now. I stayed within my points yesterday, although I did have three glasses of wine (mostly because I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise.)

Luckily, this week my motivation has been sky-high. I was all about embracing the hard. So I guess this is it: this is where it really gets hard.

Oh yeah, and I lost another 1lb at weigh-in yesterday. That means I lost 4.8lbs for all of January. That seems kinda low to me, but hopefully it's true that 'slow and steady wins the race'.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!