Monday, May 11, 2009

my little runaway.

As most of you probably know, I’ve been desperate to start running, except it’s one of those things I talk about more than I do. A couple weeks ago I actually got around to starting the Couch To 5K program, but had to stop for a hip issue I was having. (To be clear, though, the hip thing wasn’t caused by the running, it actually started before I went for my first run. So I probably just picked a bad time to start the program. How unlike me!)

Anyway, my blog buddy Natasha, over at Creating Natasha, conveniently decided SHE was going to start a running program as well, and invited people to join her in a 5k challenge, so that’s what I’m doing! I’ll still be following the Couch To 5K, but I’m glad to have a few other people to be accountable to, and people who will understand when I say “God week 5 is so hard, I haaaaaaaaate it, remind me why I’m doing this again???” If you’re interested in joining the challenge, pop on over to her blog! I’m going out for my first session tonight!

*****

I had a pretty good weekend! Shaun finally had a day off, after like a month of working weekends, so we actually got to spend some time together! We hit the patio of our neighbourhood pub on Friday night for a few beers, and then Saturday we went to see the new Star Trek movie, which, as much as it pains me to admit, I really, really enjoyed! I also splurged and got popcorn while we were there, so that might have contributed to my enjoyment level a little. ;)

I also went bathing suit shopping this weekend, which was about as great as you'd expect. I ended up buying a super basic black two-piece ('tankini' style). Anyway, it was horribly depressing BUT I bought it for an exciting reason, which I'll post about once it's absolutely confirmed (tomorrow, I hope!). Let's just say it rhymes with Boss Legas.

!!!