Friday, May 15, 2009

WI results and even more boot camp.

Well, happily, I was down 2 lbs at weigh-in last night! Hello, 210s! I haven’t seen you in many a long and lard-filled year. My total loss so far now is 38.6 lbs! I was secretly hoping to hit 40 last night, since it would be a nice number for my 6-month-aversary, but I’ll take the 38.6. I think my plan to ‘eat more’ is working.

Unfortunately, I super-sucked at Boot Camp last night. I had zero energy and almost cried every time we had to sprint to the fence. The only highlight was that Kelly has continued to work with me through my plank, and I’m actually getting a lot better at it. Last night I zoned out and then realized I’d done pretty much the whole first 30 seconds without falling! Of course, as soon as I realized that, I fell over. (How Wile Coyote of me!)

We’ve got two more weeks of Boot Camp left and then … I signed up for another 8 weeks. As much as I complain about it sometimes, I actually really like it. Being outside, running around, lying in the grass – it’s such a fun way to work out. Everyone in the class is pretty friendly, and I’ve really come to like Kelly and think she could help me a lot. (It also helps that I think she’s secretly taken me on as her little ‘project’. She gives me a lot of extra attention in class, and really seems to genuinely want to see me succeed.)

Super psyched that this is a long weekend. My only plans involve buying a scratching post for the cats, a new book for myself, and maybe bringing our bikes in for a tune-up. Yeah, I am totally awesome and exciting.