Friday, July 31, 2009

contest results ... and my results too!

Guys, you want to know something? I have been so excited about my contest! Every day I look at how many entries I have and then I go to a random number generator, and I click it, ‘just to see who would win if the contest finished now!’ Yes, I am that much of a dork.

But today at noon I did the ‘official’ draw, and the winner is:

Anne! Congratulations! And I swear I did not pick her just because she is sick of soup just like I am!



Anyway, Anne, email me your mailing address at acakeforawife@gmail.com, and I’ll get it set up for you!


And, since last night was my last bootcamp session, I thought I’d share my results from that too!

I’ve included my measurements from back when I first started, in April. The middle numbers are my measurements at the end of the first 8-week session, and the last numbers are my measurements from last night, after the second 8-week session.

Upper Arm (left): 15 / 13 / 13
Upper Arm (right): 14.5 / 13 / 13
Chest: 43 / 40.5 / 39
Waist: 40 / 39 / 36.5
Hips: 50 / 45.5 / 43
Buttocks: 52.5 / 50 / 48
Upper Thigh (Left) 30 / 29 / 29
Upper Thigh (right) 31 / 29 / 28.5

I’m super happy with that! I lost 17” in my first 8 weeks, and another 8” in the next eight weeks. Wow! That’s 25 inches over 16 weeks!

But you know, at the risk of getting all sappy, this class has been about so much more than inches for me. I have never been a physical person. Not even as a kid. I’ve always been a thinker, a reader, a writer, a worrier, a daydreamer, a planner, a list-maker, a wisher and a hoper. I do everything on the inside, and nothing on the outside. I suppose some of that was because even as a kid I felt lost in my own body, but I think it became a cycle: the more I focused on mind stuff, the less I focused on body stuff, and the less connected I became to my body.

Going to Booty Camp for the last 16 weeks, and working out with Kelly has totally changed my mind about what I’m capable of. I’m not even kidding. I don’t even know how to say this without sounding like a total suck. I just … I never thought I could be strong. I really didn’t. I thought I could be smart and talented and funny and tons of other good stuff, but I thought being strong was for other people. People who were built for it. But what I learned from Kelly is that I AM built for it. And that I’m not crazy or delusional to want that for myself.

Anyway, I guess what I’m saying is Yay Booty Camp! I will miss you!