Thursday, July 30, 2009

half-way.

I realized the other day that I might be half-way to my goal.

I say ‘might be’, because I’m not entirely sure what my ‘goal weight’ is. But according to Weight Watchers, it’s 155 lbs, for my height (5’6”). Which would mean losing 102 lbs total. And as of this week, I’ve lost 51 lbs.

So I might be half-way to my goal.

Half-way is such a strange place to be. It makes you realize exactly how far you’ve come, AND it simultaneously reminds you of how far you have to go. And the happier you get, the more credit you give yourself for allllll you’ve accomplished, the more you realize you have to do alllllll of it again.

But I think half-way is a good place to be too, because once you go one step further, you’re officially closer to the end, and it’s easier to keep going than to go back. I remember learning that lesson a few times when I was a kid, when I’d been overly ambitious about how far I could walk or swim. I’d be exhausted and complaining but as soon as I was one step past half-way, my mom would point out that it was easier and faster to just to go forward to our destination, than to turn around and go back.

So, I’m half way there. And I’m going forward, because there is NO WAY I’m going back.


PS: Don’t forget to enter my contest to win a subscription to Cooking Light! I’ll be doing the draw tomorrow morning so this is your last chance!