Tuesday, August 4, 2009

WI results and a gym update.

WI today and I was down 0.8 lbs. To be honest I was teeny bit disappointed with that, because I felt like, points-wise, I should have been on track to lose more. I’m not going to worry about it though! My gym membership kicked in on the weekend, and I plan to burn some serious calories this week, so we’ll see how ballsy that scale will dare to be next week.

Speaking of the gym, I really like it so far! My orientation session is scheduled for tomorrow right after work, so that’ll be good, because right now I have no real clue how to use the weight and strength-type machines. I’ve definitely been enjoying the elliptical though! I’m sure I’ll get bored of it eventually but right now I find it so easy to load up my iPod and then just zone out for 40 minutes. Well, I say ‘zone out’ but I’m definitely still pushing myself – I burned 800 calories in about 75 minutes yesterday, between the elliptical and the bike, and that was according to my HRM, not the machines. I am a POWERHOUSE.

In other news, I just ate an entire pound of cherries. Yes, a whole pound. I told you I was a powerhouse, didn’t I?