Friday, September 18, 2009

health and safety.

Hi guys! Just a quick update to let you know I haven't died or fallen off the wagon or anything. Work has been INSANELY busy lately. I'm working on a huge project and have been going in at 7am most days, then getting home late, and of course, I am pretty much useless after that. I'm also working all weekend. LAME. Actually, even though it's been realllllly stressful, I'm really been enjoying work right now. I get to jet off to video shoots and meet with top people in our organization and network and then come back to the office and do lots of editing (which is my favourite part) and meet with more people to discuss the creative direction of the project and so on! It's been truly fun (though stressful! and busy!).

Food has been so-so, to be honest. Staying within my points of course, but definitely living off bagels from Tim Horton's, sushi from the grocery store, and Subway. A glass of wine or two in the evenings when I'm desperate to unwind. Made it to the gym a few times this week though, despite the exhaustion and long hours.

At my weigh in on Tuesday I was actually up 0.8 lbs, although I'm totally not sweating it. Given that it was my birthday last week, and Shaun's birthday, AND our anniversary ... I'm thinking 0.8 lbs is pretty dang good.

I'll leave you with this hilarious picture of me, taken this week at one the above-mentioned video shoots. We were at a construction site and the insurance regulations stipulated that we all needed full safety gear to be on site. Safety first!



A weird (good) moment was when one of my coworkers was complaining about why his safety vest was so much 'shorter' than mine, and our other colleague finally just said, "Dude, it's not shorter. It's just that she's smaller around than you are so it hangs lower on her."

It blew my mind to realize, yes, I WAS smaller than him. I am finally smaller than average-sized men. I can go to events like this and not worry about gear not fitting me. It might sound stupid but I thought about it all day, and it made me so happy.