Tuesday, December 15, 2009

WI results and not a pity party, I swear.

Weigh in today and I was down 0.6 lbs. I'll take it!

Weight Watchers meetings have been kind of weird for me lately, since they're all about surviving the holidays. I'm sort of fortunate in that way (?) in that I have no family here, only a few friends, a relatively uncelebratory office, and a boyfriend who hates Christmas, so there have been very few opportunities for holiday treats. I have done no baking nor had any baking offered to me. Our house is not filled with treats and goodies, nor is my office. I went to one Christmas party on the weekend, where I indulged in a few noshes (including some homemade (!!!) pate) and I have my office Christmas party tomorrow which is at a restaurant and I already pre-ordered my meal (arctic char with a maple glaze, and root vegetable risotto). But that's pretty much it. No decorations or presents either. In fact, I sort of keep forgetting it's Christmastime.

The strange thing is I still find myself totally indulging, but on stupid stuff like peanut butter granola and rotisserie chicken. I guess on some level I'm kind of bummed that I'm not enjoying Christmas like I usually do, but that was at least partly my own doing. My family kinda went a bit nutso this year so I don't particularly want to spend the holiday with them, and most of my friends were not going to be staying in the city, and I wanted to avoid holding any holiday pity parties for myself, so I talked Shaun into a trip to Cuba.

Not that you should feel sorry for me -- I mean, I AM going to CUBA! I'll just DRINK my Christmas blues away! Just could somebody please, before I go, bring me some sugar cookies and a glass of port? I mean, it IS the holidays.