Wednesday, February 3, 2010

day 2 food blogging, and boot camp measurements!

Are you there, blog? It’s me, Andrea. As promised, here are today’s fancy eatings. Ok, not so fancy.
First up, same as yesterday, pumpkin oats.

feb310-1

Same mix as yesterday.

  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 2/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup cottage cheese
  • little bit of brown sugar, little bit of pumpkin pie spice


By the way, I am totally lazy and cook my oats in the microwave!

Grabbed a coffee on the way to work, but I’ve decided I’m not going to photograph and post those, because a) they’re just coffee, I never get anything exciting, and b) I literally get the same thing every frigging day. So just imagine me a drinking a grande bold.

For lunch, I had the same thing as yesterday (the crab, avocado, brown rice salad.) But, funny story: lying in bed last night I realized I was all out of lettuce. So I was all DAMN! And then I started thinking of what else I could have for lunch tomorrow, and figuring I’d just grab Subway. But then I thought, “Andrea! Step away from the saltines! You had a plan, now how can you make it work?”

So what I did is I packed all my salad toppings, including the dressing, in a smaller tupperwear, and on the way to work I bought a container of lettuce.

Ok, I guess that story isn’t THAT funny. But I was pleased with myself for how I dealt with the situation.

A quick pic:

feb310-8

Later I snacked on an apple with almond butter. Check this arty shot out:

feb310-10
Looking at this picture makes me want to stick my finger (or a spoon I SUPPOSE) directly into that jar. Mmmmm.

Another unphotographed coffee after this.

This evening I had boot camp, and on boot camp nights I don’t do a real dinner, just two kinda large ‘snacks’. So pre-boot camp I had this delish baked sweet potato topped with salsa.

feb310-11

And I was still a bit hungry, so I had a few dried apricots. ( + 1 or 2 more that didn’t make the photo!)
feb310-13

And after I got home from boot camp (a mere half-hour ago!) I had this little treat:

feb310-15

This was 175 g of plain yogurt (yes, weighed on my scale and everything!), sweetened with 1 tbsp. honey, and topped with some frozen mixed fruit, thawed (mango, peaches, pineapple, and kiwi). And a generous sprinkling of dried coconut.

That’s it guys! Another delicious day!

OH, wait, I promised you an update on my boot camp measurements.

Sooo, according to the scale we use there, I was down 3.4 lbs, which was great. And here are my measurements. This is for 4 weeks.

Upper arm, left: 12” / 11.5
Upper arm, right: 12 / 12
Chest: 37.5 / 37
Waist: 35 / 34.5
Hips: 42 / 40
Buttocks: 45.5 / 45
Upper thigh, left: 27.5 / 26
Upper thigh, right: 26.5 / 26.5

Not too shabby, right? Now I only have one question, what the heck am I doing with my left thigh that I’m NOT doing with my right???