Thursday, February 4, 2010

day 3 and the food keeps coming!

Hi guys! I am seriously POOPED today. I’m so glad tomorrow is Friday.

Okay, let’s get started.

I decided to switch up breakfast just a bit so you wouldn’t have to look at another picture of pumpkin oats. So today we have:

Blueberry oats!

feb410-1

This mix had:
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 2/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/3 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed so they got all warm and juicy
  • tbsp dried coconut
  • little bit of a brown sugar, and about a tsp of coconut butter
Loved this! I’m going to try it with raspberries tomorrow.

Grabbed my usual grande bold on the way to work, and a good thing because I ended up in a looooong meeting. Luckily I got out in time for lunch. Basically an exact repeat of Tuesday’s dinner:

feb410-2

Broccoli soup, and a sandwich thin spread with almond butter and apricot preserves. I’m loving this combo, so you’ll probably see it again. :)

Later I had an apple, but – FOOD BLOGGER FAIL – I forgot to take a picture of it until after I’d eaten it. But fear not!

feb410-3
I still managed to get the picture. :)

Later I had another coffee, surprise surprise.

After work I had PLANNED to go to the gym, but I ended up having to work late and then still had to go to my friend’s to cat-sit. Boo! BUT I left all my gym stuff at work so will definitely be going tomorrow instead.
When I got home, it was almost nine and I was super tired, but I wanted to make something interesting to post, so I used a quick recipe I found in Great Food Fast.

Roasted Sweet Potato and Pear (and Tofu!)


feb410-4

Oh man, this one’s a keeper!

First I chopped up two large sweet potatoes, and half a brick of tofu (the tofu is not in the original recipe, but I wanted some protein so I could eat this as a meal, rather than a side.)

In a small bowl, I whisked together:
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp minced ginger (I buy it in a jar and keep it in the fridge)
  • 1/8th tsp of cayenne pepper.
Then I dumped that on the sweet potato and tofu, and tossed it around so everything got coated.

Baked it all in a 400* oven for maybe 20 minutes, , tossing it all around a couple times. When it was close to being done, I took it out of the oven and added two chopped Bartlett pears. Put back in the oven for maybe ten minutes.

This was really good, but about half-way through I got the bright idea to drizzle a little balsamic glaze over it (plain balsamic vinegar would work just as well) and suddenly it was OVER THE TOP DYNAMITE. Seriously, so good. The sweetness of the pears and the potato, combined with the spiciness of the cayenne and the ginger, with the punch of balsamic?? Seriously delish. Will definitely make again.

To wrap up my evening, I had another good idea.

feb410-6

Greek yogurt topped with lemon curd! This was an attempt to recreate my favourite Liberte Mediterranean lemon yogurt. Sadly, it didn’t quite work, BUT it was mostly because I was disappointed in the quality of the lemon curd I bought. I am more convinced than ever that with the right lemon stuff, this would be amazing!

Okay, my friends. I have a few things left to do this evening (like remove my giant collection of oatmeal bowls off the table before Shaun kills me), so I shall bid you all adieu! Hope you’re all having a good week, and if not, don’t worry, because TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!