Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday food (day 4)

Hola! I can NOT even tell you how glad I am that it’s Friday today! I feel like I’ve had such a weirdly busy week. Work’s been busy, and life in general has been busy. Tonight’s the first time Shaun and I have even really seen each other since Sunday!

Anyway, I won’t bore you with all of that. Let’s get straight to today’s dining delights.
Breakfast was basically the same as yesterday, except I mixed it up and used raspberries instead of blueberries. Tasty!

feb510-1

This mix had:
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 2/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/3 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
  • tbsp. dried coconut
  • little bit of brown sugar, and about a tsp of coconut butter
For lunch, I had some leftover’s from yesterday’s Roasted Sweet Potato and Pear. I put dumped it on some salad mix and added a little balsamic glaze. Still delish!

feb510-2

After that, I snacked on an apple.

feb510-3 

Seriously, is there anything more perfect than a red apple? They’re so beautiful.

After work I decided to hit up the gym. Ok, I am not one to complain about the gym. I don’t think I’ve EVER gone and not felt better afterwards. But tonight SUCKED.  Like seriously.

The first treadmill had, I think, something wrong with it because I was sure I kept feeling the belt jerk. It was stressing me out (it would cause me to lose my rhythm, and I felt like I was about to fly off!) so I told the attendant and she put an Out Of Order sign on it. I took the treadmill next to it and then that one sucked too! Maybe it was just because I was nervous, but I couldn’t get a rhythm, and I kept feeling my pants waving around my ankles, and thinking I was going to trip on them, etc. Gah. I just kept wishing SO HARD that it was spring and I could run outside. Soon, though. Soon.

Anyway, I persevered for about 45 minutes, burned about 450 calories, and decided to call it a day.
Then I ran a few errands (grocery store, wine store), and headed home for dinner.

Now let me just say that up until now you’ve been seeing Good Weekday Andrea. But once Friday hits, my food choices get a little less ideal. But I did ok tonight.

feb510-4

Started with a glass of Shiraz. Yum. Then Shaun and I opted for my very favourite: SWISS CHALET! I can’t help it, I LOVE getting take-out on Fridays.

I got a baked potato, and white meat. I even specifically asked for no roll on the side, because I always end up eating it even though the potato and chicken are more than enough. Anyway, I really enjoyed this meal, as per usual.

feb510-5

Followed this up with another glass of wine, and…

Cookies!

feb510-6

(Ok, the red parts are supposed to be hearts. Good job Pillsbury.)

The thing about the cookies is that I have been SERIOUSLY CRAVING sugar cookies since Christmas, and I made myself an agreement that if I still wanted them after the holidays, I could have them. Needless to say, I still wanted them. So this week I picked up this box of Pillsbury sugar cookies. They’re awesome because you can bake only as many as you want at a time, AND they’re only 1 pt each! So I baked up just six of them, and I ate three! Yup, it was awesome. Totally satisfied my craving.

Anyway, I guess that’s it for today! I hope everyone’s had a great Friday. I’ll be back tomorrow with Saturday’s food, which should be fun because tomorrow I’m attending a POTLUCK with some of the Toronto bloggers! So exciting. Can I tell you how I psyched I am to go to a potluck where EVERYTHING is WW-friendly, and has the points calculated right there for you! I can’t wait.