Sunday, February 7, 2010

Saturday food, and a blogger potluck!

I’ll try to make this quick, because I’m exhausted! But I wanted to get today’s food before I went to bed, since I promised myself I’d stick to this for the week. So here goes!

Breakfast:

Two whole grain toaster waffles, with greek yogurt and blueberries!

feb510-1

Delishis!

This kept me going for pretty much the whole morning, which was good. Today was actually our blogger potluck and clothing swap, so I spent the early part of the afternoon prepping my contribution: a big ol’ bowl of meatballs!

feb510-2

I was pretty happy with how these turned out. They’re half beef, half pork, all awesome. I made a quick cranberry relish type dip to go with them, which was just a mix of a few things in my fridge: cranberry port jelly, barbecue sauce, and salsa. Total hodgepodge, but it worked.

feb510-4

I confess that I didn’t eat much lunch, just ‘sampled’ quite a few of these meatballs. Oops.

Anyway!

The spread at Kat’s was fabulous! We started with some pita chips and olive tapenade that Kat had made.

feb510-6

Then got on with the clothing swap!


feb510-9 feb510-7 feb510-8
(Allie, Kate, and Tiffany)

I made out pretty well at the swap. I scored: 2 pairs of jeans, a skirt, and five tops. I’m so glad we had the idea to do this, it was so nice to be able to get some new clothes without spending a fortune, and nice to know that the items I’ve purchased, and only worn a few times before they stopped fitting, now have new homes.

Then it was time for dinner! YUM. This spread was amazing.

feb510-10

And how awesome to know everything was WW friendly, and easy to count the points for.

My plate:

feb510-11
(Sorry, I had to use the flash!)

~1/3 cup sweet potato/squash
~1/3 cup quinoa salad
small piece of lasagna
~1/3 cup carrot salad
2 shrimps
3 meatballs
1/2 cup pasta salad

I limited myself to one plate, which was good, because I had THREE desserts. Ha ha!

Here they are but only after I’d already started devouring them:

feb510-12

A chocolate pudding cake with vanilla frozen yogurt, a banana bread pudding, and pineapple ginger cupcake. All so good! Sadly this plate was more points than my whole dinner. Oh well, totally worth it!!

So fun to see everyone again. And thanks to the lovely Kat for hosting us. How cute is she in this picture?

feb510-13

Okay, my friends. Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend