Thursday, March 18, 2010

alive ... barely.

Oh my lord, am I tired.

This time change has knocked the wind out of me. Or maybe it was the perfect storm of: being sick, working a lot of overtime, starting my 10K training, AND the time change. Whatever the case I CANNOT get a handle on this week. I wake up every morning exhausted, spend a half hour snapping at Shaun and fighting the urge to bawl my eyes out (I don’t know!) and then plod off to work. Once I’m at work, it’s not sooo bad, just because I’m so busy I don’t have time to think about it. But by the time I get home I have zero energy again.

Anyway, since this is a weight loss blog, I should confess that I was up 0.6 lbs at my weigh-in this week, and to be honest, I couldn’t care less. I don’t have the energy to care, for one thing, and I KNOW that I stuck to my points and it is probably just stress and fatigue that’s causing the gain.

In cheerier news, this week I picked up the new Weight Watchers “Slow Cook It” cookbook (available at meetings only, I think).

(not my photo, I had to steal it from an eBay listing! Sorry!)

Yesterday I made the “Tangy Cherry Chicken” and my goodness it was FABULOUS. Seriously, so good. And believe it or not, it was the veggies that were the tastiest. I’m honestly thinking of doing up another batch without the chicken, just the vegetables and marinade. Yum. I read a few other blogs (like http://www.leadingtheweigh.com/) who have all raved about every recipe they’ve tried as well, so I think this cookbook is a winner! If you like slow cooking, pick this one up!

Tonight I have a run scheduled, but it's an easy 2 miles, so I'm hopeful that it'll GIVE me some energy rather than sapping any more. And if not, hey, at least tomorrow's Friday!!