Friday, March 26, 2010

friday night naps.

Happppy Friday!

Phew, today felt long! I think I need to learn that I cannot drink that much wine on a work night. :) I wasn’t hungover exactly but I was definitely dehydrated and did not sleep as well as I would normally.

I actually ended up oversleeping and didn’t have time to make my oatmeal this morning, so I instead I grabbed some strawberries before I left and then picked up a yogurt at Starbucks. (Not their parfaits, just a regular container of yogurt.)

At work I concocted this:

 mar26-1

This was strawberries, non-fat strawberry yogurt, 1/3 cup of low-fat granola, and 1/3 of Smart Bran. I used to eat this for  breakfast allll the time when I first started WW. Still delicious! (Although the bran and the granola have been in my desk for awhile and are getting a bit stale!)

Work got busy and I didn’t get out for lunch until close to 2pm. Opted for Subway. I apologize for all this week’s uninspired lunches!

mar26-2

This was roasted chicken on whole wheat, with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers, and lots of green and black olives. (As you can see, there were so many olives they started making their way on to the TOP of the sandwich!) I also got a squirt of ranch dressing on it.

Sadly work continued to be busy and I had to stay until about 6:30 or so. On a Friday! Boooo. I got home and promptly … had a nap. Yep, on a Friday night. What can I say, people, that is how I roll.

Dinner was simple, just another wrap:

mar26-3

This had red pepper hummus, avocado, smoked tofu, tomato and spring mix. Delicious!

A number of you asked about the smoked tofu last time I mentioned it. The brand is Soyganic, which is actually made by Sunrise. I got mine at the local independent grocery near my house, but I’ve also gotten it at Metro. Here’s the company’s list of where to find their products although it’s a generic list and isn’t necessarily for the smoked tofu (could be any of the products.)

 mar26-4

Have you guys tried these things? Baked Lentil Chips! I love them! They are my new favourite chip alternative. They’re made with bean flour, and work out to 2 PTS for 1 oz. (The bag is 4.5 oz.) Plus they have 4g of protein and 3g of fibre per serving.

 mar26-5

They are AMAZING with hummus, and I bet tzatziki would be great too! Plus the protein and fibre (plus extra from the hummus) means they’re very satisfying!

Well, that’s it for me. Hope everyone is having a great Friday – it’s the best day of the week, no?